Zawul Institute of Higher Education
The Zawul institute of higher education (ZIHE), established in 2012 and registered with the ministry of higher education of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan as a private higher education Institute with the registration #73. ZIHE is also registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) and have license # D– 44278.
Since its establishment, Zawul Institute of Higher Education as a pioneer Afghan private higher education institute concentrating on value based quality education, research and innovations to serve the educational needs of Afghanistan, central Asian and overseas students.
ZIHE initially opened its doors in 2013 with 160 students and two faculties (Medicine and Law & Political sciences), that extended with faculties of economy, computer science, stomatology as well as the initiative of bridging programs for post-registered midwives, stomatology nurses, nurses, laboratory technicians and other medical staff to upgrade their education and reach higher education levels. Meanwhile, the center for learning foreign languages as well as other knowledge and skills development programs which found very essential for the context of Afghanistan for improving job-placements and work performances, initiated in ZIHE.
The number of students in ZIHE reached around 1500 for all the above mentioned faculties. out of which 60 to 65% are female and this is because ZIHE is specifically focused on female improvement as the deprived half of Afghan society.
ZIHE newly developed its five years’ strategic plan (2016 – 2020) that provides a clear road-map for its future steps from qualitative and quantitative aspects of advancements.
ZIHE currently has the following faculties in its structure:
- Faculty of curative medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology (Dental Care)
- Faculty of Law and political Science
- Faculty of Economic
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Higher Education for Midwives (Bridging Higher Education for Midwives)
- Faculty of Higher Education of Dental Nurses (Bridging Higher Education for Stomatology)
- Quick-Learn of English Language (Q-Learn)
- Long term and Short term courses (based on the requirements, e.g. Banking, Management/Leadership, Computer skills, etc.)
- Ethics / morality
- Student Centered, Competency based and Problem based Learning
- Creativity and innovation
- Academic Freedom
- Embrace Life-long Learning and Continual professional development
- Ownership enhancement
- Collective predominance rather individuals
- Cultural tolerance
- Supporting Interpersonal communication
- Participatory decision Making
- Promote Enhancing role of Girls and Women
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt.